Have you had a HOT summer? …
…But you’re now afraid it might be a COLD winter?
It doesn’t have to be that way! You CAN grow your business during the 4th Quarter!
Here are 5 Simple Ideas for building your business in the 4th Quarter (or ANY quarter!):
- Send out a postcard to everyone in your database letting them know the benefits of selling in the 4th quarter (less competition, only serious buyers in the market, buyers are in a more festive, happy mood during the holidays, buyers have more time to shop). Follow up the postcard with phone calls to connect with your database and ask for referrals.
- Do a pop-by for your 2015 and 2016 clients and let them know that, unlike most agents, YOU will be working ALL year and that you would sincerely appreciate their referrals when they run into someone thinking about selling or buying a home. (September is National Honey Month so here’s a “sweet” pop-by idea. 1 gallon honey = approximately $60, 2 oz “bear” honey jars = $.89 each. Pop-by tag – “Don’t let your friends, family members, or business associates get ‘STUNG’ with poor real estate advice. Let me make buying or selling a ‘SWEET’ experience!”)
- Get involved in a school, faith, or community organization that allows you to give back AND meet other contribution-minded people who will be more likely to share your name with the people they know. Lots of churches and schools host Fall Festivals so there are bound to be opportunities to serve. October is Breast Cancer Awareness month so lots of organizations host events and need volunteers. Find something you really enjoy doing for an organization that is doing work you admire.
- Host a client appreciation party for your “Top 100.” (You can do this for under $1500 and get great referrals this way!)
- Have coffee with each of your vendors (contractors, roofers, plumbers, electricians, painters, landscapers, etc.) and talk about ways to build each other’s businesses. Ask for referrals! (And make sure to give plenty of referrals too!)